FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
Recipe Section - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food Trivia | Today in Food History | Food Timeline | RECIPES | Cooking_Tips | Food_Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s Who | Culinary Schools & Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food Poems | Free Magazines | Food Festivals & Events
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
You don’t need lots of oil and eggs to make a rich-tasting bread—as this recipe shows.
Yield: 2 loaves
1 1/2 C all-purpose flour, sifted
1/2 C sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground allspice
1 egg, beaten
1/2 C water
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 C carrots, finely shredded
1/4 C pecans, chopped
1/4 C golden raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350 °F. Lightly oil two, 9- by 5-inch loaf pans.
2. Stir together dry ingredients in large mixing bowl. Make well in center of dry mixture.
3. In separate bowl, mix together remaining ingredients. Add mixture all at once to dry ingredients. Stir just enough to moisten and evenly distribute carrots.
4. Turn into prepared pan. Bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
5. Cool for 5 minutes in pan. Remove from pan and complete cooling on wire rack before slicing.
Total fat: 3 g
Saturated fat: less than 1 g
Cholesterol: 12 mg
Sodium: 97 mg
Total fiber: 1 g
Protein: 2 g
Carbohydrates: 17 g
Potassium: 69 mg
National Institutes of Health - www.nih.gov
Keep the Beat: Heart Healthy Recipes
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.