FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
Recipe Section - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food Trivia | Today in Food History | Food Timeline | RECIPES | Cooking_Tips | Food_Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s Who | Culinary Schools & Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food Poems | Free Magazines | Food Festivals & Events
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Fix-it And Enjoy-it Cookbook
by Phyllis Pellman Good
Makes 6 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Rising Time: 1-1 1/2 hours
Baking Time: 10-15 minutes
• 1 1/2 cups warm (120-130°) water
• 1 Tbsp. dry yeast
• 1 Tbsp. oil
• 1 Tbsp. salt
• 1 Tbsp. sugar
• 3 cups whole wheat flour
• 1 cup flour
• 1/4 cup butter, melted
• 3 Tbsp. vegetable or olive oil
• 3 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
• 1 tsp. garlic powder
• 2 Tbsp. dried parsley
• 1 tsp. dried oregano
1. In large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
2. Add oil, salt, and sugar.
3. In separate bowl mix flours together.
4. Stir flour into wet ingredients until dough becomes stiff.
5. Place dough on lightly floured surface and knead in flour, if some remains, for several minutes until smooth and elastic.
6. Place dough in greased bowl. Turn dough to grease all over, and then cover. Allow to rise until double in size, about 1-1 1/2 hours.
7. On a flat, lightly floured surface, roll dough out into a 15" square.
8. Cut in half with a pizza cutter, and then cut each half into 1" strips. Lay strips on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
9. In a small bowl, combine butter, oil, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, parsley, and oregano. Brush strips of dough with the mixture.
10. Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
11. Serve with cheese dip or warm pizza sauce.
Janice Burkholder, Richfield, PA
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.