CARROT PEAR BREAD
Hometown Recipes for the Holidays
"This is a great recipe I received about fifteen years ago. It's easy to make, and the pears add a tasty flavor."
Norma Frandsen, Grand Forks, North Dakota
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 1/2 cup vegetable oil
• 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1 cup grated carrots
• 1 cup sliced pears
• 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans.
2. Combine the sugar and eggs in a mixing bowl. Beat well using a mixer. Add the oil; mix well.
3. Combine the flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon in a separate bowl; mix well. Add to the egg mixture; mix well. Stir in the carrots, pears, and walnuts.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared pans and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.