FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
Recipe Section - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food Trivia | Today in Food History | Food Timeline | RECIPES | Cooking_Tips | Food_Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s Who | Culinary Schools & Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food Poems | Free Magazines | Food Festivals & Events
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
The Bounty Of Central Florida by Valerie Hart
Yield: one 9 1/2 X 5 1/2 inch loaf
1 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 scant teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 extra large egg
1 cup chopped, pared Granny Smith apples (2 medium sized)
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup whole 4% milk
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. Cream butter and sugar on high speed of an electric mixer until white and fluffy
4. Add egg on medium speed, beating until light.
5. Peel and chop apples with the cranberries and pecans in a food processor. Add to the batter.
6. Add the milk in thirds, alternating with the flour mixture.
7. Stir the batter with a spatula until evenly combined.
8. Spoon into a greased loaf pan. Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until a toothpick comes out "clean"
9. Serve warm or freeze. Defrost and reheat, covered tightly in foil, for 1/2 hour at 250°.
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.