Pace Specialty Salsa Line: The “hot” Ticket For Creative Cooking
Spicing up creativity in your kitchen is easier than ever with the family of Pace specialty salsas. Pineapple Mango Chipotle and Black Bean and Roasted Corn now join the Pace family of five specialty salsas introduced earlier this year - Triple Pepper, Tequila Lime, Salsa Verde, Pico de Gallo, and Mexican Four Cheese Salsa Con Queso.
Each variety is packed with the finest quality ingredients for consistently authentic and rich flavors you can count on to make every meal a special one. Find your inspiration with these new serving suggestions with comments on each premium salsa from Cathy Marschean-Spivak, Creative Kitchen Leader for Pace:
• NEW! Pineapple Mango Chipotle Salsa - “Many people think of fruit salsas as extremely sweet and this variety is the perfect blend of sweet and savory – a “true” salsa. The fruit adds the freshness and twist to meals that people are looking for, while the chipotle adobo adds the savory taste.”
Elevate your grilling & dipping: Use Pineapple Mango Chipotle Salsa as a marinade for any seafood or pork, or as a dip for shrimp.
• NEW! Black Bean & Roasted Corn Salsa - “The hearty ingredients of black beans, corn, and red peppers with a hint of lime and chipotle spice will make this an instant family favorite. The fire-roasting of the corn and peppers give it an extra kick of smokiness, heat and a deep roasted flavor. All the ingredients are roasted to perfection, maintaining their integrity.”
Make it hearty: Add Black Bean & Roasted Corn Salsa to fish, to enhance a favorite wrap sandwich or make your own gourmet-style burger.
• Triple Pepper Salsa - “Our Triple Pepper Salsa was made to be much darker, richer and smoother than regular chunky salsa – very much like a restaurant-style salsa. This variety has more of a pepper base than tomato, with green chili, serrano and guajillo peppers that give it a bold taste.”
Pace Shrimp Diablo: Sauté shrimp with sliced peppers. Toss with Triple Pepper Salsa and serve with rice.
• Tequila Lime Salsa - “We made this salsa with real tequila added to tomatoes, fresh onions and jalapeño peppers, with a splash of lime juice. You’ll notice our Tequila Lime salsa is unique in that it is green, from the addition of tomatillos.”
Pace Tequila Lime Vinaigrette Dressing: Combine Tequila Lime Salsa with olive oil and cider vinegar. Use on your favorite combination of salad greens or cooked shrimp. *Recipe Below
• Salsa Verde - “This salsa has a complexity to it, is full of flavor and has a smoky note from Spanish paprika. Hand-selected jalapeños and chunks of tomatillos splashed with lime will tantalize your taste buds! The smoky flavor of this salsa would pair nicely with steak, pork or ham.”
Pace Grilled Steak Salad: Marinate your favorite steak in Salsa Verde, and broil or grill. Slice steak and serve over mixed greens, with additional salsa and crumbled tortilla chips. *Recipe Below
• Pico De Gallo - “Pico De Gallo is always a favorite. Inspired by this classic, our Pico has fresh jalapeños, and onions and diced tomatoes with a touch of fresh cilantro, for a refreshing taste with zing!”
Pace Shrimp & Avocado Salad: Toss Pico De Gallo with cooked shrimp, sliced avocado and serve on a bed of mixed greens.
• Mexican Four Cheese Salsa Con Queso - “You can’t beat the combination of cheeses in this unique blend, including distinctive asadero and queso blanco cheeses. Jalapeño peppers, sweet red peppers and onion add to the extraordinary flavor.”
Pace Mucho Queso Pizza: Spread Mexican Four Cheese Salsa Con Queso over a pre-baked pizza crust. Sprinkle with your favorite pizza toppings and bake! *Recipe Below
PACE® TEQUILA LIME VINAIGRETTE
Makes: 1 ¼ cups
• 1 cup Pace® Tequila Lime Salsa
• ¼ cup olive oil
• 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
• ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
• mixed salad greens
Beat the salsa, oil, vinegar and black pepper in a medium bowl with a whisk or a fork. Serve over the salad greens.
Tequila Lime Shrimp:
Toss 1/2 pound hot cooked shrimp and 1/4 cup vinaigrette in a medium bowl. Serve over hot cooked rice. Serves 2.
Tequila Lime Shrimp Salad:
Toss 1/2 pound cold cooked shrimp, 1/4 cup vinaigrette and 4 cups mixed salad greens in a large bowl. Serve immediately. Serves 2.
PACE® SALSA VERDE GRILLED STEAK SALAD
Makes: 4 servings
• 1 pound beef skirt steak
• 1 jar (16 ounces) Pace® Salsa Verde
• 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
• ¼ cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
• ¼ cup sliced pitted ripe olives (optional)
• ¼ cup sour cream (optional)
1. Pour 1 cup salsa into a shallow nonmetallic dish or a resealable plastic bag. Add the steak and turn to coat. Cover the dish or seal the bag and refrigerate for 30 minutes or overnight.
2. Lightly oil the grill rack and heat the grill to medium. Grilled the steak for 10 minutes or until desired doneness, turning it over halfway through cooking and basting it often with the marinade. Throw away any remaining marinade.
3. Slice the steak diagonally into thin slices. Divide the lettuce among 4 bowls. Top each with 1/4 of the steak, 2 tablespoons salsa and 1 tablespoon cheese. Top each with 1 tablespoon olives and 1 tablespoon sour cream, if desired.
PACE® PICO DE GALLO SHRIMP & AVOCADO SALAD
Makes: 4 servings
• 2 tablespoons canola oil
• 1 pound extra large shrimp, peeled and deveined
• 1 jar (16 ounces) Pace® Pico De Gallo Salsa
• 8 cups mixed salad greens
• 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled, seeded and sliced (about 1/2 cup)
• ranch salad dressing
1. Heat the oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook until they're cooked through, stirring often. Pour off any oil. Add 1 cup pico de gallo and toss to coat.
2. Divide the salad greens among 4 bowls. Spoon the shrimp mixture over the greens and top with the avocado slices. Serve with the dressing.
PACE® MUCHO QUESO PIZZA
Makes: 4 servings
• 1 cup Pace® Mexican Four Cheese Salsa con Queso
• 1 Italian bread shell (10-inch)
• ½ cup shredded cooked chicken
• ½ cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes
• 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
1. Spread the queso onto the bread shell to within 1/4-inch of the edge. Top with the chicken, tomatoes, cheese and basil.
2. Bake at 400°F. for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
For more recipes and serving suggestions, visit www.pacefoods.com.
About Pace Foods
Pace Foods, founded in 1947 when David Pace introduced his original “Pace” Picante sauce, today is the country’s leading brand of salsas and Picante sauces. David Pace was passionate about using the freshest ingredients, harvested and hand-selected in peak season to achieve the best flavor and quality – a tradition that has been proudly carried on by Pace Foods since it was acquired by Campbell Soup Company in 1995.