FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | RECIPES | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools & Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food_Poems | Free_Magazines | Food_Festivals & Shows
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Recipe Videos, BBQ & Grilling, Food Safety, Food Science, Food Festivals, Beverages, Vintage Commercials, etc.
The Bounty Of Central Florida by Valerie Hart
2 cups self-rising flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 sticks plus 2 tablespoons cold, unsalted butter, cut into tiny bits
1/3 cup ice water
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Combine flour, salt and butter in a food processor. Blend into coarse meal. Remove to a bowl. Add water, working quickly to form the mixture into a ball. Dust with flour. Roll out to 1/4-inch thickness. Fill the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Chill or freeze. Remove from refrigerator and immediately place into the oven. Bake 10-12 minutes. Cool before filling
1/3 cup granulated sugar
3 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 cups whole milk
5 jumbo egg yolks
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3. Combine sugar with cornstarch. Pour a little milk into the yolks and stir to blend. Add remaining milk and pour through a strainer into a saucepan. Stir in sugar-cornstarch mixture.
4. Heat mixture, stirring constantly. Continue cooking over medium heat, until very thick. Stir in vanilla. Cool to room temperature. Fill cold pastry crust.
12 ounces red currant jelly
3 tablespoons Port wine
2 tablespoons Creme de Cassis liqueur
1 or more pints large Camarosa (bed of red) strawberries
5. Combine jelly, wines and liqueur in a small saucepan. Heat, stirring, until smooth. Reduce heat to simmer. Simmer until mixture thickens a bit. Do not overcook. Cool to room temperature.
6. Dip strawberries individually into the sauce and set them on top of the custard. Refrigerate until very cold.
Note: Strawberries may also be sliced and tossed in the sauce to top.
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.