FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | Recipes | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools_&_Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food_Poems | Free_Magazines | Food_Festivals_&_Events
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
& COOKING CLASSES
From Amateur & Basic Cooking Classes to Professional Chef Training & Degrees
Semi-Homemade Cooking 2 by Sandra Lee
prep time 25 minutes
grilling time 20 minutes
stand time 10 minutes
2 TB chill powder, McCormick
2 TB ground cumin, McCormick
1 TB seasoned pepper (salt free), Lawry's
1 TB onion powder, McCormick
1 TB garlic powder, McCormick
1 1½-pound tri-tip roast
1 jar (26-ounce) pasta sauce, Prego Traditional
1 TB chili powder, McCormick
1 teaspoons dry mustard, McCormick
2 TB Worcestershire sauce, Lea & Perrins
1 TB honey, Sue Bee
1. Preheat: grill for medium-direct heat.
2. For dry rub, in a small bowl combine all dry rub ingredients. Set aside.
3. Rinse roast with cold water and pat completely dry with paper towels. Place roast on plate or platter and season with kosher salt. Rub a generous amount of dry rub into both sides of meat. Let rest for 10 to 15 minutes. Repeat rub and rest 2 to 3 times until all seasoning is used.
4. While meat is resting between rubs, prepare BBQ sauce. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine all sauce ingredients. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Set aside.
5. Grill roast about 20 minutes for medium-rare, turning and mopping with sauce every 5 minutes. Transfer roast to cutting board. Tent with foil; let stand 10 minutes. Cut roast diagonally across grain. Serve with extra sauce.
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.