FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | Recipes | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools_&_Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food_Poems | Free_Magazines | Food_Festivals_&_Events
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
& COOKING CLASSES
From Amateur & Basic Cooking Classes to Professional Chef Training & Degrees
Makes 16 (3-ounce) servings
• 1/2 cup ketchup
• 1/4 cup cider vinegar
• 1/3 cup water
• 1½ tablespoons honey
• 1½ teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
• 3/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
• 3 pound beef round roast
1. In a small saucepan, combine ketchup, vinegar, water, honey, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper sauce.
2. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 10 to 15 minutes to thicken slightly. Cool thoroughly.
3. Place roast in a large mixing bowl.
4. Pour cooked marinade over roast. Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours, turning roast occasionally.
5. Remove roast from marinade and place in a roasting pan; reserve marinade under refrigeration.
6. Insert meat thermometer and bake at 325°F until well done (170°F) – about 2 1/2 hours.
7. Remove roast from oven and let stand 15 to 20 minutes before carving.
8. Place reserved marinade in small saucepan. To kill possible bacteria from the raw beef, bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Serve over sliced roast.
Beef Round Roast Menu Ideas
• Use sliced beef to make cold or hot sandwiches.
• Cubed beef can be used in casseroles, soups, and stews.
• Cut beef into strips and use in fajitas and beef fried rice. Add diced roast beef to an omelet along with mushrooms, onions, and spinach.
• Mix shredded beef with prepared barbecue sauce and heat. Serve on soft sandwich buns.
• Add strips of beef to green salads.
• Add small pieces of beef to a seasoned spaghetti sauce.
• Combine finely diced or shredded roast beef with chopped onion and diced potatoes; then scramble with eggs.
Nutrition Information per serving:
Calories from Fat 106
Total Fat 11.8 g
Saturated Fat 4.4 g
Cholesterol 67 mg
Sodium 156 mg
Total Carbohydrate 4 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugar 2 g
Protein 25 g
Vitamin A 8 RE
Vitamin C 2 mg
Iron 3.0 mg
Food & Nutrition Service, USDA
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.