FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | Recipes | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools_&_Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food_Poems | Free_Magazines | Food_Festivals_&_Events
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
& COOKING CLASSES
From Amateur & Basic Cooking Classes to Professional Chef Training & Degrees
Fix-It And Forget-It Big Cookbook:
1400 Best Slow Cooker Recipes
by Phyllis Pellman Good
Apple & Onion Beef Pot Roast Recipe
Betty K. Drescher; Quakertown. PA
Makes: 8-10 Servings
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 5-6 Hours
Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 4-Quart
3-lb. boneless beef roast, cut in half
1 cup water
1 tsp. seasoned salt
½ tsp. soy sauce
½ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
¼ tsp. garlic powder
1 large tart apple, quartered
1 large onion, sliced
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
2 Tbsp. water
1. Brown roast on all sides in oil in skillet. Transfer to slow cooker.
2. Add water to skillet to loosen browned bits. Pour over roast.
3. Sprinkle with seasoned salt, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder.
4. Top with apple and onion.
5. Cover. Cook on Low 5-6 hours.
6. Remove roast and onion. Discard apple. Let stand 15 minutes.
7. To make gravy, pour juices from roast into saucepan and simmer until reduced to 2 cups. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth in small bowl. Stir into beef broth. Bring to boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes until thickened.
8. Slice pot roast and serve with gravy.
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.