VENISON FILLET WITH PECAN SAUCE
• 4 6-ounce fillets Florida venison loin medallions salt and pepper to taste
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 teaspoon chopped Florida garlic
• 1 medium onion, sliced
• 8 oz. small Florida button mushrooms
• 3 tablespoons cream sherry
• 2 cups chicken stock
• 1/2 cup Florida heavy cream
• 2 teaspoons cornstarch
• 1/3 cup Florida pecan halves
• 1/4 cup Florida green onions, finely sliced
Season venison with salt and pepper.
Heat olive oil in nonstick skillet, add venison and cook until venison is rare.
Remove from skillet.
Add onion and mushrooms to pan; cook 3-5 minutes.
Add garlic and cook 2 more minutes.
Add sherry; cook 1 minute.
Add stock; boil until liquid is reduced by half, about 8-10 minutes, skimming fat and foam as necessary.
Combine 2 tablespoons of cream with cornstarch.
Add remaining cream to skillet; bring to boil.
Whisk in cornstarch mixture; simmer 4-5 minutes.
Add venison, pecans and green onion.
Simmer 2 minutes and serve.
Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services