SWEET POTATOES and APPLES
Fix-It And Forget-It Big Cookbook:
1400 Best Slow Cooker Recipes
by Phyllis Pellman Good
Sweet Potatoes And Apples
Bemita Boyts; Shawnee, Mission, KS
Makes: 8-10 Servings
Prep. Time: 10-15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 6-8 Hours
Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 3-Quart
~ 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
~ 3 large tart and firm apples, peeled and sliced
~ ½--¾ tsp. salt
~ 1/8--1/4 tsp. pepper
~ 1 tsp. sage
~ 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
~ 4 Tbsp. (½ stick) butter, melted
~ ¼ cup maple syrup
~ toasted sliced almonds or chopped pecans, optional
1. Place half the sweet potatoes in slow cooker. Layer in half the apple slices.
2. Mix together seasonings. Sprinkle half over apples.
3. Mix together butter and maple syrup. Spoon half over seasonings.
4. Repeat layers.
5. Cover. Cook on Low 6-8 hours or until potatoes are soft, stirring occasionally.
6. To add a bit of crunch, sprinkle with toasted almonds or pecans when serving.
7. Serve with pork or poultry.