Betty Crocker Ultimate Bisquick Cookbook
"Orange or Lemon Bisquicks" was a popular recipe on Bisquick boxes in the 1940s. The original recipe directed: "Before baking, dip 1/2 cube loaf sugar into orange or lemon juice. Press into top of each Bisquick." We simplified things by brushing with orange juice and sprinkling with sugar.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Start To Finish: 20 Minutes
• 2¼ cups Original Bisquick mix
• 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
• 1/3 cup milk
• 1 tablespoon orange juice
• 2 teaspoons sugar
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, orange peel and milk until soft dough forms.
2. Place dough on surface generously sprinkled with Bisquick mix; roll in Bisquick mix to coat. Press or roll dough 1/2 inch thick. Cut into rounds with 2 1/2-inch cutter. Place rounds 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Brush with orange juice; sprinkle with sugar.
3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges begin to turn brown and tops are light golden brown. Serve warm.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Bake 11 to 13 minutes
1 Biscuit: Calories 150 (Calories from Fat 40); Total Fat 4.5g (Saturated Fat 1.5g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 420mg; Total Carbohydrate 24g (Dietary Fiber 0g; Sugars 3g); Protein 3g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 6%; Iron 6%
Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1/2; Other Carbohydrate, 1 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1½