BROCCOLI TOMATO QUICHE
Recipe from Weight Watchers All Time Favorites
Hands-On Prep: 15 Min
Cook: 50 Min
• 2 teaspoons olive oil
• 1 onion, chopped
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 1 (10-ounce) box frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
• 1 (9-inch) refrigerated piecrust
• 3/4 cup fat-free evaporated milk
• 2 large eggs
• 1 egg white
• 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
• 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese
• 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
• 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
• 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
1. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic; cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the broccoli and cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat; set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
3. Roll out the piecrust on a lightly floured surface to an 11 -inch round; ease into a 9-inch pie plate, pressing the dough against the side of the plate. Trim the dough, leaving a 1-inch overhang. Crimp the edge to form a decorative rim; set aside.
4. Lightly beat the evaporated milk, eggs, egg white, sour cream, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl until blended. Sprinkle the Swiss cheese over the bottom of the crust. Top evenly with the broccoli mixture, then pour in the egg mixture. Arrange the tomato slices on top in a decorative pattern; sprinkle with the Parmesan and thyme. Bake until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes. Let stand about 10 minutes to serve hot or serve at room temperature.
Try It: Other green vegetables would also be tasty in this quiche, including frozen sliced zucchini, chopped spinach, or kale. Just be sure to remove any excess water once the vegetable has thawed.
Per Serving (1/8 of quiche): 215 Cal, 11 g Fat, 4 g Sat Fat, 0 g Trans Fat, 65 mg Chol, 334 mg Sod, 21 g Carb, I g Fib, 9 g Prot, 178 mg Calc.
POINTS value: 5.