BANANA SPLIT DESSERT PIZZA
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Makes one (12–inch) pizza
• 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
• 1/2 cup of sour cream
• 6 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 1tablespoon butter or margarine, softened and divided
• 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 3/4 cup chopped nuts
• 3 medium bananas, sliced and divided
• 1 (8-ounce) can sliced pineapple, drained and cut in half
• 10 to 12 maraschino cherries, drained and patted dry
• 1 (1-ounce) square semisweet chocolate
• Additional chopped nuts for garnish
Combine sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, 4 tablespoons lemon juice and vanilla in a medium bowl; mix well. Chill.
In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat 1/2 cup butter and brown sugar until fluffy.
Add flour and 3/4 cups nuts; mix well.
On lightly greased pizza pan or baking sheet, press dough into 12-inch circle, forming rim around edge. Prick with fork. Bake in a preheated 375-degree oven 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool.
Arrange 2 sliced bananas on cooled crust. Spoon sour cream filling evenly over bananas. Dip remaining banana slices in remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice; arrange on top along with pineapple, cherries and additional nuts.
In a small saucepan, over low heat, melt chocolate with remaining 1 tablespoon butter; drizzle over pizza. Chill thoroughly. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.
Tip: Crust and filling can be made in advance and put aside until ready to assemble.
Cover crust and store at room temperature; store filling in refrigerator. Best if eaten same day as assembled.
Cherry Marketing Institute www.cherrymkt.org