FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | RECIPES | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools & Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food_Poems | Free_Magazines | Food_Festivals & Shows
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Recipe Videos, BBQ & Grilling, Food Safety, Food Science, Food Festivals, Beverages, Vintage Commercials, etc.
Divine Kosher Cuisine: Catering to Family and Friends
by Rise' Routenberg, Barbara Wasser
Fluden is a multilayered cookie dough pastry of Eastern European origin. Filled with fruit and nuts, it is appropriate for Sukkot and good to eat anytime of the year.
Yield: 30 Pieces
• 4 1/2 cups flour
• 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 1/8 cups sugar
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 1/8 cups solid vegetable shortening
• 4 large eggs
• 2 1/2 tablespoons ice water
1. Mix flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and shortening at medium speed with electric mixer to form dough.
2. Add eggs, 1 at a time, and blend well. Mix in ice water until dough forms ball. If dough is dry, add additional ice water by teaspoonfuls.
3. Divide dough into 4 balls and cover with plastic wrap while preparing filling.
• 3 tablespoons lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
• 10 large apples, peeled and grated
• 1/4 cup bread or graham cracker crumbs
• 16 ounces fruit preserves
• 1 cup raisins
• 1 cup chopped nuts
1. Toss juice and zest with apples.
2. Add crumbs, preserves, raisins and nuts.
• 1/3 cup sugar
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Combine sugar and cinnamon.
Flour for rolling
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
2. Roll out 1 ball of dough to rectangle the size of pan on lightly floured wax or parchment paper. Flip into pan and firmly press down. Top with one-third filling.
3. Repeat twice with dough and filling, topping with last dough sheet.
4. Sprinkle with topping. Bake 45 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into squares in pan and return to oven additional 10 minutes.
Align dough directly with edge of baking pan before flipping.
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.