FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | RECIPES | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools & Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food_Poems | Free_Magazines | Food_Festivals & Shows
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Recipe Videos, BBQ & Grilling, Food Safety, Food Science, Food Festivals, Beverages, Vintage Commercials, etc.
Reprinted with permission by Gems in Israel
by Esthi David
3.5 oz./100 gr. Blanched, Ground Almonds
3.5 oz./100 gr. Powdered Sugar
Few drops of Rose Water or Almond Extract
For larger quantities increase almond/sugar by ratio of 1:1
1. Process all the ingredients, using the metal blade of a food processor, until it forms into a dough-like consistency.
2. Form into small balls.
DATES STUFFED WITH HOMEMADE MARZIPAN
1. Slice (fresh or dried) dates lengthwise and remove the pits.
2. Fill each date with a ball of Marzipan and press between both sides of the date.
* Use dried apricot, which lends a bit of sourness to the Marzipan.
* You can also stuff fresh fruit, such as strawberries. However, these must be served immediately, as the sugar draws out the fruit juices.
* Dip the Marzipan balls in hot chocolate and let cool.
100 gr. Bittersweet Chocolate, break up the cubes, or chop.
¼ cup Sugar
a bit of Milk
Margarine or Butter
1. Place chocolate, sugar and milk in a double boiler, or cook on a very low flame, stirring as the mixture melts.
2. Remove from stove, add margarine or butter and stir until it melts.
* The honey mentioned in the Seven Species traditionally refers to date honey, we have chosen to include a simple recipe using fresh or dried dates.
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.