FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | RECIPES | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools & Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food_Poems | Free_Magazines | Food_Festivals & Shows
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Recipe Videos, BBQ & Grilling, Food Safety, Food Science, Food Festivals, Beverages, Vintage Commercials, etc.
Divine Kosher Cuisine: Catering to Family and Friends
by Rise' Routenberg, Barbara Wasser
The basic recipe produces a satisfying chocolate-nut cookie. Moved up to its truffle version, it becomes positively addictive.
Yield: 36 Cookies
• 1 cup butter
• 1 cup confectioners' sugar
• 1/2 cup cocoa, sifted
• 1 teaspoon water
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 cups flour
• 1 cup finely chopped pecans
• Confectioners' sugar for rolling
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets.
2. Cream butter and sugar at medium speed with electric mixer. Beat in cocoa, water and vanilla. Add flour and pecans and mix until soft dough forms. Add 1/4 teaspoon additional water at a time until mixture holds together.
3. Shape into 1-inch balls and place 1 inch apart on sheets. Bake 12 minutes until set and lightly brown. Cool 2 minutes and roll in sugar.
For a truffle version, skip sugar rolling and dip into Dipping Chocolate.
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.