FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | Recipes | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools_&_Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food_Poems | Free_Magazines | Food_Festivals_&_Events
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Fix-It And Forget-It Big Cookbook
by Phyllis Pellman Good
Autumn Harvest Pork Loin Recipe
Stacy Schmucker Stoltzfus; Enola, PA
Makes: 4-6 Servings
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 5-6 Hours
Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 5-Quart
· 1 cup cider or apple juice
· 1½--2 lb. pork loin
· 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
· 1½ whole butternut squashes, peeled and cubed
· ½ cup brown sugar
· ¼ tsp. cinnamon
· ¼ tsp. dried thyme
· ¼ tsp. dried sage
1. Heat cider in hot skillet. Sear pork loin on all sides in cider.
2. Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper on all sides. Place in slow cooker, along with juices.
3. Combine apples and squash. Sprinkle with sugar and herbs. Stir. Place around pork loin.
4. Cover. Cook on Low 5-6 hours.
5. Remove pork from cooker. Let stand 10-15 minutes. Slice into ^-inch-thick slices.
6. Serve topped with apples and squash.
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.