FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Food Articles | Food Trivia | Today in Food History | Food Timeline | Recipes
Cooking Tips | Food Videos | Food Quotes | Who’s Who | Trivia Quizzes | Food Poems
Free Magazines | Recipe Contests | Culinary Schools | Gourmet Tours | Food Festivals
FREE Magazines and
n extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
FOOD VIDEO SECTION
Recipe Videos, BBQ & Grilling, Food Safety, Food Science, Food Festivals, Beverages, Vintage Commercials, etc.
1 T Olive oil
1 3/4 C Onions, julienne
2 1/2 C Yellow peppers, 1/2" dice
4-6 cloves Garlic, minced
1/3 C Softened sundried tomatoes,* julienne
1 t Rubbed sage
1 T Seasoned salt
1 t Black pepper
2 C Dry red wine
2 T Cornstarch
2 1/2 C Chicken broth
1/4 C Balsamic vinegar
6 C cooked Corkscrew pasta
2 C Broccoli florets, blanched
18 oz. Boneless, skinless White Pekin duckling legs or breasts; cooked, coarsely chopped
2 T Olive oil
Fresh sage leaves as needed
1) Heat oil; saute onions and peppers until tender.
2) Add garlic and sun-dried tomatoes. Cook for 1 minute. Add sage, salt, and pepper; stir. Deglaze with wine; reduce by half.
3) Dissolve cornstarch in a small amount of chicken broth. Add the rest of the chicken broth to other ingredients; bring to a gentle boil. Add cornstarch slurry, stir, and lower heat to a simmer until it reaches desired thickness. Remove from heat; blend in vinegar.
4) Saute pasta, broccoli, and duckling in olive oil. Add sauce; heat.
5) Garnish with fresh sage leaves. Serve immediately.
*Soften in warm water for 30 minutes; drain.
Nutrition information: servings, 6; calories per serving, 610; calories from fat, 110; total fat, 12 g; saturated fat, 2 g; cholesterol, 115 mg; sodium, 1090 mg; total carbohydrate, 75 g; dietary fiber, 7 g; sugars, 15 g; protein, 39 g
Recipe courtesy of The Duckling Council - www.duckling.org/
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.