FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | RECIPES | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools & Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food_Poems | Free_Magazines | Food_Festivals & Shows
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Prep: 10 min - Cook: 10 min - Chill: 1 Hr
• 1/3 cup sugar
• 2 tablespoons cornstarch
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 2 cups milk
• 2 large egg yolks, slightly beaten
• 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
• 2 teaspoons vanilla
1. In 2-quart saucepan, mix sugar, cornstarch and salt. Gradually stir in milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir 1 minute.
2. Gradually stir at least half of the hot mixture into egg yolks, then stir back into hot mixture in saucepan. Boil and stir 1 minute; remove from heat. Stir in butter and vanilla.
3. Pour pudding into dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate about 1 hour or until chilled. Store covered in refrigerator.
BUTTERSCOTCH PUDDING: Substitute 2/3 cup packed brown sugar for the granulated sugar; decrease vanilla to 1 teaspoon.
CHOCOLATE PUDDING: Increase sugar to 1/2 cup; stir 1/3 cup baking cocoa into sugar mixture. Omit butter.
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.