ROASTED SWEET POTATOES WITH CINNAMON PECAN CRUNCH
This sweet potato side dish, with its cinnamon and ginger spiced pecan topping, will be the hit of your holiday meal.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Makes 8 servings
• 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar, divided
• 2 tablespoons orange juice
• 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
• 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Ground Cinnamon, divided
• 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Ground Ginger, divided
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
• 1 cup dried cranberries
• 6 tablespoons butter, cut up, divided
• 1/2 cup flour
• 1 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix 1/4 cup of the brown sugar, orange juice, vanilla, 1/2 teaspoon each of the cinnamon and ginger and salt in large bowl. Add sweet potatoes; toss to coat well. Spoon into 13x9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with cranberries. Dot with 2 tablespoons of the butter. Cover with foil. Bake 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, mix flour, remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar and remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1 teaspoon ginger in small bowl. Cut in remaining 4 tablespoons butter with a fork until coarse crumbs form. Stir in pecans. Remove sweet potatoes from oven and stir gently. Sprinkle evenly with pecan topping.
3. Bake, uncovered, 25 to 30 minutes longer or until sweet potatoes are tender and topping is lightly browned.
Per One Serving: Calories: 380, Fat 16 g, Protein 4 g, Carbohydrates 55 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Sodium 232 mg, Fiber 6g
Recipe courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc. www.mccormick.com