MAPLE GLAZED SWEET POTATOES
Omaha Steaks Great American Grilling Book
The sprinkling of sea salt on the cooked glazed potatoes is a must.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Grill Time: 6 mins
• 4 large sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
• 1/2 cup olive oil
• Coarse salt and ground black pepper
• 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
• 1/4 cup unsalted butter
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
• Coarse sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Preheat and oil the grill.
2. Arrange sweet potatoes on a nonstick baking sheet. Add the oil and season with salt and pepper to taste, tossing to coat well. Bake for about 12 minutes or until almost cooked.
3. Meanwhile, heat the syrup, butter, cinnamon, and cloves in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until smooth. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
4. Remove the potatoes from the oven and spoon the glaze mixture over the top, coating all the slices. Let cool slightly.
5. Grill the potato slices over medium-high direct heat for about 3 minutes on each side or until cooked through and nicely glazed. Remove from the grill, sprinkle with coarse sea salt to taste, and serve hot.