RIB STEAKS WITH RASPBERRY TARRAGON SAUCE
Semi-Homemade Grilling 2
by Sandra Lee
Prep 10 minutes Grill 10 minutes
Stand 25 minutes Marinate 2 hours
Makes 4 servings
• 4- 3/4-inch-thick beef ribeye steaks
• 1/3 cup canoia oil, Wesson
• 1/4 cup red wine, Pompeian
• 3 tablespoons steak sauce, A-
• 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar, Kozlowski Farms
• 1 packet (0.7-ounce) Italian salad dressing mix, Good Seasons
For Raspberry-Tarragon Sauce:
• 1/4 cup butter
• 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
• 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar, Kozlowski Farms
• 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh tarragon
• 2 tablespoons steak sauce, A-1
1. Place steaks in large zip-top bag; add canoia oil, wine, the 3 tablespoons steak sauce, the 2 tablespoons vinegar, and the salad dressing mix. Squeeze air out or bag and seal. Gently massage bag to combine. Marinate in refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours.
2. For Raspberry-Tarragon Sauce, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Add shallots and cook and stir until soft but not brown. Add the 1/4 cup vinegar and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in tarragon and the 2 tablespoons steak sauce. Set aside until ready to serve.
3. Set up grill for direct cooking over high heat. Oil grate when ready to start cooking.
4. Let steaks stand at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes. Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks on hot, oiled grill and cook for 5 to 7 minutes per side for medium (160 degrees F).
5. Transfer steaks to a platter and let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with Raspberry-Tarragon Sauce (reheat sauce if necessary).
Prepare steaks and Raspberry-Tarragon Sauce as directed.
Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade.
Place steaks on foil-lined baking sheet or broiler pan.
Broil 6 to 8 inches from heat source for 5 minutes; turn and broil for 4 minutes more for medium (160 degrees F).