Chunks of mango stand in for meat in a vegetarian four-bean chili that's an intriguing dance between sweet and spicy. Mango nectar and rum provide the sweet, while Mexican tomatoes, chili seasonings, and a dash of curry add heat.
Slow Cooker Recipe: 4-quart slow cooker
Prep 5 minutes
Cook High k to 6 hours
• 1 can (15-ounce) pinto beans, drained, Bush's®
• 1 can (15-ounce) black beans, drained, S&W®
• 1 can (15-ounce) kidney beans, drained, SAM/®
• 1 can (15-ounce) cannellini beans, drained, Progresso®
• 1 cups frozen mango chunks, Dole®
• 2 cans (10 ounces each) Mexican diced tomatoes, Ro-Tel®
• 1 packet (1.5-ounce) chili seasoning mix, McCormick®
• 1 tablespoon curry powder, McCormick®
• 3 tablespoons tomato paste, Contadina®
• 1/2 cup mango nectar, Kern's®
• 1/2 cup mango rum, Malibu®
• Sour cream, for garnish
• Fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish
1. Combine all ingredients, except: sour cream and cilantro, in a 4-quart slow cooker. Stir thoroughly.
2. Cover and cook on HIGH setting For 4 to 6 hours.
3. Serve hot, topped with sour cream and cilantro garnish.