LATKES, EASY CHEESY LATKES
• 3 medium baking potatoes, peeled (1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pounds)
• 1 cup Cabot Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated
• 3 eggs
• 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
• 1/2 teaspoon crumbled dried sage
• 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
• oil for frying
1.) Grate potatoes on grater blade of food processor.
2.) Place on a clean dish towel and roll towel up to squeeze out as much liquid as possible (avoids discoloration).
3.) Transfer to a bowl.
4.) Add the Cabot Sharp Cheddar cheese, eggs, parsley, sage, flour, salt and pepper.
5.) Mix well.
6.) Heat about 1/8-inch oil in a large, preferably non-stick, skillet over medium heat.
7.) Slide rounded tablespoons of the mixture into the hot oil.
8.) Cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with applesauce and sour cream.
Recipe courtesy of Cabot Creamery Cooperative