FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food History | Food_Timeline | RECIPES | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools_&_Tours | Trivia_Quizzes | Food_Poems | Free_Magazines | Food Festival_&_Events
FREE Magazines and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
CULINARY SCHOOLS and
More than 1,000 schools & classes listed for all 50 States, Online and Worldwide
Fan Fare Cookbook: 120 Slow Cooker Recipe Favorites
by Mary Engelbreit
Lauras Ham & Vegetable Soup
This soup is very easy to make and costs little. You can cut up the meat and vegetables the night before and keep, covered, in the refrigerator.
Laura Driscoll; Council Bluffs, Iowa
Makes 6 to 8 servings
• 1 (3-pound) low-fat turkey ham, cut into 1-inch cubes
• 5 medium stalks celery, cut into 1-inch cubes
• 1/2 pound peeled carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
• 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
• 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
• 1 medium rutabaga, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
• 1 large potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
• 1 (32-ounce) box low-fat chicken broth
• 16 to 32 ounces water (use the broth box)
• 1 teaspoon sea salt
• 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
• 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
Put the ham and vegetables into a 6-quart slow cooker
Pour the broth and water over all and stir.
Add the salt, pepper, and parsley, cover, and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.