FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food History | Food_Timeline | RECIPES | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools_&_Tours | Trivia_Quizzes | Food_Poems | Free_Magazines | Food Festival_&_Events
FOOD VIDEO SECTION
Recipe Videos, BBQ & Grilling, Food Safety, Food Science, Food Festivals, Beverages, Vintage Commercials, etc.
• 8 oz. Mafalda (Mini Lasagne), Egg Noodles, or Medium Shells, uncooked
• 1 pound lean beef cut into 1-inch cubes
• 1/2 large onion, chopped
• 2 carrots, scraped and sliced diagonally into 3/4-inch thick ovals
• 1/2 sweet red pepper cut into 1/2-inch strips
• 8 oz. small fresh mushrooms, cleaned
• 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
• 1 cup red wine
• 1 bay leaf
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
• 1/4 tsp. hot red pepper flakes
• 1/2 tsp. salt
• 1/4 tsp. black pepper
• 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
In a large heavy pot, combine beef, onion, carrots, red pepper, mushrooms, tomatoes, wine, bay leaf, parsley and red pepper flakes. Cover and simmer over low heat for 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. Stir in salt, black pepper and pasta. Cover and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add peas and stir to mix. Serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pasta Association
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.