FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | RECIPES | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools & Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food_Poems | Free_Magazines | Food_Festivals & Shows
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Recipe Videos, BBQ & Grilling, Food Safety, Food Science, Food Festivals, Beverages, Vintage Commercials, etc.
• 3/4 cup chopped dates
• 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
• 6 tablespoons sugar
• 1 egg
• 2 tablespoons milk
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• Dash salt
• 1 tablespoon butter
• Whipped cream
1) In a bowl, combine the dates, walnuts and sugar. In another bowl, beat egg, milk and vanilla. Add to date mixture; mix well.
2) Combine flour, baking powder and salt, add to the date mixture. Spread into a greased 1-qt. baking dish; dot with butter.
3) Bake at 325° for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm with whipped cream.
1/2 cup (calculated without whipped cream) equals 646 calories, 27 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 124 mg cholesterol, 273 mg sodium, 97 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.