FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | RECIPES | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools & Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food_Poems | Free_Magazines | Food_Festivals & Shows
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Recipe Videos, BBQ & Grilling, Food Safety, Food Science, Food Festivals, Beverages, Vintage Commercials, etc.
• 1 large egg yolk
• 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon sugar
• 1½ teaspoons all-purpose flour
• 1/3 cup whole milk
• 6 tablespoons chilled heavy cream
• 1½ oz fine-quality bittersweet chocolate
• 1 teaspoon dark rum
• 1/4 teaspoon instant-espresso powder
1. Vigorously whisk together yolk, 1 tablespoon sugar, flour, and a pinch of salt until well blended.
2. Heat milk and 3 tablespoons cream in a heavy saucepan until hot but not boiling. Add one third of hot milk to yolk mixture in a slow stream, whisking constantly. Add remaining milk, whisking, then transfer to saucepan. Bring to a simmer, whisking constantly, then continue to simmer, still whisking constantly, until thickened, about 1 minute.
3. Remove from heat and add chocolate, rum, and espresso powder. Let stand until chocolate is melted, about 30 seconds, then whisk until smooth.
4. Transfer to a glass and chill, covered, at least 30 minutes to cool quickly to room temperature.Just before serving, vigorously whisk remaining 3 tablespoons cream with remaining 1/2 teaspoon sugar in a small bowl until it holds soft peaks.Top pudding with whipped cream.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Caribbean Shopping Channel
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.