FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | RECIPES | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools & Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food_Poems | Free_Magazines | Food_Festivals & Shows
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Recipe Videos, BBQ & Grilling, Food Safety, Food Science, Food Festivals, Beverages, Vintage Commercials, etc.
Eat Caribbean by Virginia Burke
These little puddings make a spectacular dessert for a dinner party. The only hassle is that you have to: cook them just before you serve them and the timing is essential, but one mouthful makes it all worthwhile.
Preparation and cooking time: 15 minutes + chilling overnight + 15 minutes cooking.
• 5 eggs, plus 5 egg yolks
• 4 1/2 oz caster sugar
• 8 oz unsalted butter, plus a little bit more for greasing the moulds
• 8 oz dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids), broken up
• 4 tablespoons rum
• 3 1/2 oz plain flour
• icing sugar, to decorate
1. The day before you wish to serve the puddings, make up the mixture: beat the eggs, egg yolks and sugar together until the mixture is pale yellow.
2. Melt the chocolate and butter slowly together in a heatproof bowl, set over a pan half-filled with hot water.
3. When the mixture has melted, remove from the heat, add the rum and then slowly add the egg mixture, beating constantly. Then fold in the flour.
4. Pour into 6 fl oz greased moulds, cover with cling film and chill in the fridge overnight.
5. The following day, preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Place in the centre of the oven on a baking sheet and bake for approximately 10-15 minutes, or until the centres puff up and look dry. You will need to check this quite regularly.
6. Turn out on to individual plates, sift over the icing sugar and serve at once.
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.