Omaha Steaks Great American Grilling Book
Even people who claim not to like spinach love this steakhouse classic. You can use 2 pounds of fresh spinach in place of the frozen spinach. Discard any wilted leaves and trim tough stems. Rinse well in several changes of cool water; do not dry. Proceed with the recipe as written.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Serves 4 to 6
• 2 (10-ounce) boxes frozen spinach, thawed and drained well
• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 1/2 cup heavy (whipping) cream
• Pinch freshly ground nutmeg
• Salt and pepper
1. Place the spinach in a large saucepan with a lid. Cover and cook about 4 minutes or until the spinach has wilted. Remove from the heat and drain well, squeezing out all excess liquid.
2. Transfer the spinach to the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade and pulse just until chopped.
3. Transfer the chopped spinach to a saucepan and stir in the butter. Add the cream and nutmeg, and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes or until the cream has thickened and the mixture is heated through. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.