FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food History | Food_Timeline | RECIPES | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools_&_Tours | Trivia_Quizzes | Food_Poems | Free_Magazines | Food Festival_&_Events
FREE Magazines and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
CULINARY SCHOOLS and
More than 1,000 schools & classes listed for all 50 States, Online and Worldwide
Fast & Fit: 150 Quick & Healthy Everyday Recipes Ready in Just 30 Minutes or Less
by Ellen Haas
Serving size: 1 cup
Number of servings: 6
• 2 large ears of corn, shucked
• 1 slice uncooked bacon, diced
• 1/2 cup chopped onion
• 1/2 cup chopped celery
• 1 sprig fresh thyme
• 1 bay leaf
• 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
• 6 small red potatoes
• 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
• 2 cups 2% milk
• 1 red pepper, diced
• 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
1. Preheat the grill or broiler.
2. Grill or broil the corn until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
3. Cook the bacon in a soup pot over low heat. Add the onion, celery, thyme, and bay leaf. Increase the heat to medium and cook until the vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes.
4. Slice the corn kernels from the cob.
5. Dice the potatoes and add them to the soup pot with the chicken broth. Simmer until the potatoes are just tender, about 10 minutes. Add the milk, peppers, chicken, and dill. Cook until the chicken is just cooked through (about 10 minutes). Remove the thyme and bay leaf. Adjust the salt and pepper and serve.
Per Serving: Calories 273; Fat 7 g; Protein 23 g; Sodium 145 mg; Carbohydrate 32 g; Fiber 3 g; Saturated Fat 2 g
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.