FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | RECIPES | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools & Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food_Poems | Free_Magazines | Food_Festivals & Shows
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Recipe Videos, BBQ & Grilling, Food Safety, Food Science, Food Festivals, Beverages, Vintage Commercials, etc.
Julie DeMatteo, Clementon, New Jersey.
Winner in the 2004 Crisco® All-American Pie Recipe Contest.
For the crust:
1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
3 Tbs. ice water
1 egg white, lightly beaten
For the filling:
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
2 Tbs. cold water
1-1/2 cups heavy cream
14 oz. cream of coconut
1/4 cup lime juice
2 tsp. grated lime zest
6 oz. white baking chocolate, chopped
20 oz. blueberry pie filling
6 Tbs. toasted coconut
For the topping:
Lime slices for garnish
For the crust:
1. Preheat oven to 400º F.
2. Combine the flour and salt in a medium bowl.
3. Cut in Crisco until mixture forms crumbs.
4. Sprinkle with water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough forms a ball. Flatten to make a pancake of dough. Lightly flour work surface and roll dough to a 10-inch circle.
5. Place into a 9-inch pie plate and flute edges. Brush egg white over crust and prick all over with a fork to prevent shrinkage. Bake until golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool.
For the filling:
1. Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in a cup.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine the heavy cream, cream of coconut, lime juice and lime zest and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in the white baking chocolate, whisking until melted and smooth.
3. Pour into cooled crust and refrigerate until set. Once set, spread blueberry pie filling over top.
4. Sprinkle toasted coconut around edge of pie and garnish with lime slices.
The All-American Pie Recipe Contest recognizes home bakers around the country for their culinary skills and dedication to the tradition of pie making. It also celebrates Crisco's role in creating delicious homemade pies and baked goods for generations. The winners compete with other bakers from around the country in the American Pie Council/Crisco National Pie Championships for the grand prize and national pie making title. For more information about the Great American Pie Festival and National Pie Championships, visit piecouncil.org
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.