FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Food Articles | Food Trivia | Today in Food History | Food Timeline | Recipes
Cooking Tips | Food Videos | Food Quotes | Who’s Who | Trivia Quizzes | Food Poems
Free Magazines | Recipe Contests | Culinary Schools | Gourmet Tours | Food Festivals
FREE Magazines and
n extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
FOOD VIDEO SECTION
Recipe Videos, BBQ & Grilling, Food Safety, Food Science, Food Festivals, Beverages, Vintage Commercials, etc.
• 1 tablespoon kosher (coarse) salt plus more to taste
• 1 Ib. dried spaghettini
• 3 cups Italian parsley leaves
• 6 garlic cloves, minced
• 1/2 cup walnut pieces, toasted
• 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
• 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
• 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
• Freshly ground pepper to taste
• 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil plus more to taste
• 1 tablespoon capers
1. Fill large pot two-thirds full of water; add 1 tablespoon salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cook spaghettini according to package directions; drain. Do not rinse. Reserve about 1/4 cup cooking water.
2. Meanwhile, process parsley, garlic, walnuts, lemon peel, lemon juice and mustard in food processor. Pulse several times, scraping sides of bowl with rubber spatula if necessary, until mixture is uniformly minced. Transfer to medium bowl; season with salt and pepper. Stir in olive oil and capers; taste. If sauce seems tart, add 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil.
3. Transfer cooked pasta to deep bowl; pour sauce over pasta. Add 2 tablespoons cooking water. Toss until pasta is evenly coated with sauce; if it seems too thick, add more cooking water and toss again. Divide pasta evenly among plates.
Per serving: 820 calories, 40 g total fat (5 g saturated fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 720 mg sodium, 7 g fiber.
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.