FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Food Articles | Food Trivia | Today in Food History | Food Timeline | Recipes
Cooking Tips | Food Videos | Food Quotes | Who’s Who | Trivia Quizzes | Food Poems
Free Magazines | Recipe Contests | Culinary Schools | Gourmet Tours | Food Festivals
FREE Magazines and
n extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
FOOD VIDEO SECTION
Recipe Videos, BBQ & Grilling, Food Safety, Food Science, Food Festivals, Beverages, Vintage Commercials, etc.
Makes 8 Servings
• 1 pound ground turkey or chicken
• 3/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs
• 3/4 cup grated Cabot 50% Reduced Fat Cheddar, divided
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
• 1 large egg, lightly beaten
• 1 (16-ounce) package dry spaghetti
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 3 cups Vegetable Tomato Sauce(see recipe below)
• 1 tablespoon dried oregano, crumbled
1. Preheat oven to 350º F. Coat baking sheet with nonstick spray and set aside.
2. In large bowl, combine turkey or chicken, breadcrumbs, 1/2 cup of cheese, garlic, parsley and sage; mix together well. Stir in egg and just enough water to make mixture hold together.
3. Shape mixture into 16 balls and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, turning occasionally, or until meatballs are golden brown.
4. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in large pot of boiling, salted water according to package directions. Drain thoroughly, return to pot and toss with olive oil (to prevent spaghetti from sticking together).
5. Add sauce and cooked meatballs; combine gently and transfer to large serving dish. Sprinkle with oregano and remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
Calories 449 , Total Fat 8g , Saturated Fat 2g , Sodium 450mg , Carbohydrates 67g , Dietary Fiber 6g , Protein 29g , Calcium 109mg
Recipe courtesy of Cabot Creamery Cooperative
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jon Ashton
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.