FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
Recipe Section - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food Trivia | Today in Food History | Food Timeline | RECIPES | Cooking_Tips | Food_Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s Who | Culinary Schools & Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food Poems | Free Magazines | Food Festivals & Events
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Fix-it And Enjoy-it Cookbook
by Phyllis Pellman Good
Makes 1 loaf
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Rising time: 2-3 hours
Baking time: 30 minutes
• 2 1/4 tsp. dry yeast
• 1 cup, plus 2 Tbsp., warm (120-130°) water
• 1/4 cup honey
• 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
• 1 1/2 tsp. salt
• 1/2 cup dry quick-cooking oats
• 3 cups flour
• 2 Tbsp. dry milk powder
• 1/2 cup salted, roasted sunflower seeds
1. In small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. When thoroughly mixed, add honey.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Add yeast mixture and blend thoroughly.
3. Knead with bread hook for 8 minutes.
4. Put dough in greased bowl, turning once to grease both sides. Cover and let rise until double, about 1-1 1/2 hours.
5. Punch down. Shape into loaf. Place in greased 9x5 bread pan. Cover and let rise until double, about 1-1 1/2 hours.
6. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.
7. After removing from oven let stand 5 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on cooling rack.
Orpha Herr, Andover, NY
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.