FoodReference.com (since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | Recipes | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools_& Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food Poems | Free_Magazines | Food Festivals & Events
You are here > Home >
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Culinary Schools & Cooking Classes
From Amateur & Basic Cooking Classes to Professional Chef Training & Degrees
More than 1,000 schools & classes listed for all 50 States, Online and Worldwide
Makes 4 servings
• 12 medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
• 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
• 2 tablespoons water
• 4 cups fresh spinach, stems removed
• 2 green onions, trimmed and sliced diagonally
• 1 teaspoon vegetable or canola oil
• Salt and ground black pepper to taste
• 1/4 cup sweet yellow frozen corn, thawed
• 4 ounces Cabot 50% Reduced Fat Jalapeno Cheddar, cubed
• 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
1. Preheat oven to 450ºF.
2. Halve shrimp lengthwise and spread in single layer on shallow baking pan. In small bowl, mix together chili powder and salt and sprinkle evenly over shrimp. (Shrimp may be prepared to this point up to 3 hours ahead and refrigerated, covered.)
3. Drizzle shrimp with lime juice. Roast in middle of oven for 4 to 6 minutes, or until just cooked through.
4. In large nonstick skillet, bring water to simmer over medium heat; add spinach and cook, stirring, until slightly wilted, about 20 seconds. Remove from heat and immediately stir in green onions and oil until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Divide spinach among 4 plates, mounding it in center. Surround with smaller mounds of shrimp, corn and cheese. Sprinkle all over with chives.
Calories 118 , Total Fat 6g , Saturated Fat 3g , Sodium 400mg , Carbohydrates 5g , Dietary Fiber 2g , Protein 13g , Calcium 244mg
Recipe & photo courtesy of Cabot Creamery Cooperative
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright. Please take the time to request permission.