FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Food Articles | Food Trivia | Today in Food History | Food Timeline | Recipes
Cooking Tips | Food Videos | Food Quotes | Who’s Who | Trivia Quizzes | Food Poems
Free Magazines | Recipe Contests | Culinary Schools | Gourmet Tours | Food Festivals
FREE Magazines and
n extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
FOOD VIDEO SECTION
Recipe Videos, BBQ & Grilling, Food Safety, Food Science, Food Festivals, Beverages, Vintage Commercials, etc.
• 1 medium eggplant, peeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick
• 1 medium onion, sliced 1/4-inch thick
• 1/4 cup peanut oil
• salt and pepper
• 2 cups meatless marinara sauce
• 2 matzos
• 10 slices (10 ounces) Cabot 50% Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese
• 4 eggs
• 1/2 cup milk
1. Preheat broiler. Spray a broiler pan with non-stick vegetable spray.
2. Arrange eggplant and onion on prepared broiler pan and brush generously with peanut oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Place under preheated broiler. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side until vegetables are beginning to brown and soften slightly.
4. Turn off broiler and set aside.
5. Preheat oven to 350°F.
6.Spread 1/2 cup marinara sauce over the bottom of a 9-inch square baking dish.
7.Top with a sheet of matzo and then with 5 slices of Cabot 50% Reduced Fat cheese. Layer the eggplant and onion on top and pour 1 cup of the marinara sauce over.
8.Top with remaining matzo, marinara sauce and cheese slices.
9. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs with milk. Pour over ingredients in baking dish.
10. Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 55 minutes or until lasagna is set in center. Cool for 10 minutes before cutting into portions with a sharp knife.
Calories 300 , Total Fat 18g , Saturated Fat 6g , Sodium 565mg , Carbohydrates 22g , Dietary Fiber 3g , Protein 16g , Calcium 290mg
Recipe & photo courtesy of Cabot Creamery Cooperative
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.