FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | Recipes | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools_&_Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food_Poems | Free_Magazines | Food_Festivals_&_Events
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Slow Cooker Recipe: 5-quart slow cooker
Prep 8 minutes
Cook Low 8 hours
• 2 pounds cauliflower flowerets, cleaned and trimmed
• 1 package (10-ounce) baby carrots
• 2 pounds beef chuck roast, rinsed and patted dry
• 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
• 1 envelope (1.1-ounce) beefy onion soup mix, divided, Lipton
• 2 tablespoons garlic herb sauce mix, Knorr®
• 1 cup low-sodium beef broth, Swanson®
• 1 tablespoon butter
• Salt and pepper
1. In a 5-quart slow cooker, combine flowerets and carrots. Season beef roast with pepper and 1 tablespoon onion soup mix. Place on top of vegetables. In a small bowl, combine remaining onion soup mix, garlic herb mix, and beef broth. Pour over the beef roast and vegetables.
2. Cover and cook on LOW setting for 8 hours. Remove beef and carrots from the slow cooker. Transfer cauliflower with a slotted spoon to a blender or food processor. Add butter and puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.