AMARETTO COFFEE BROWNIES
Pillsbury Best of the Bake-Off Cookies and Bars
Bake-Off Contest 38, 1998
Ken Halverson, Big Lake, MN
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Start To Finish: 2 Hours 40 Minutes
• 12 oz cream cheese, softened
• 1 jar (7 oz) marshmallow creme (1 1/2cups)
• 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules or crystals
• 1 tablespoon amaretto or 1 teaspoon almond extract
• 1 box (19.5 oz) Pillsbury® fudge brownie mix
• 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
• 1/3 cup milk
• 2 eggs
• 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 13 X 9-inch pan with shortening or cooking spray. In large bowl, beat cream cheese, marshmallow creme, coffee granules and amaretto with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth; set aside.
2. In another large bowl, beat brownie mix and butter with electric mixer on low speed 45 to 60 seconds or until crumbly. Reserve 1 cup brownie mixture in small bowl for topping. Add milk and eggs to remaining brownie mixture; beat until smooth. Spread batter evenly in pan.
3. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over brownie mixture. Stir walnuts into reserved 1 cup brownie mixture; sprinkle evenly over cream cheese mixture.
4. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until edges are firm to the touch. Cool completely, about 1 hour 30 minutes. For brownies, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Store in refrigerator.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Add 1/2 cup all-purpose flour to dry brownie mix. Bake 45 to 50 minutes.
1 Brownie: Calories 250 (Calories from Fat 120); Total Fat 14g (Saturated Fat 6g; Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 45mg; Sodium 150mg; Total Carbohydrate 27g (Dietary Fiber 1g; Sugars 20g); Protein 3g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 2%; Iron 8%
Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1 Other Carbohydrate, 2 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 2