FoodReference.com (since 1999)
COOKING TIPS AND HINTS SECTION
Home | Articles | Food Trivia | Today in Food History | Food Timeline | Recipes | COOKING_TIPS | Videos | Food Quotes | Who’s Who | Culinary Schools & Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food Poems | Free Magazines | Food Festivals and Events
Cooking and Kitchen Tips and Hints, Measurements, Shopping Advice, Serving Ideas, etc.
You are here > Home >
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free magazines and other publications
Apple cider in the U.S. is the same as apple juice.
Some companies will use the term cider to refer to apple juice with no preservatives, and apple juice to juice that has been pasteurized.
Fermented apple juice which is alcoholic, is called 'hard cider' in the U.S.
Unfermented apple juice is called 'apple juice' in most other countries, and the term 'cider' refers to 'hard cider', it has been fermented and is an alcoholic beverage.
Uses and Tips
• Heat apple juice in sauce pan with cinnamon and whole cloves (optional) for a cold weather treat. Strain spices from juice before drinking.
• Blend apple juice with mashed fresh fruit, yogurt, and chopped ice to make a fruit smoothie.
• Apple Juice provides less than 100 calories per serving and is low in fat and sodium.
• One serving of apple juice provides 128% of your daily value for vitamin C.
• A ¾-cup serving of apple juice provides 1 serving from the FRUIT GROUP of the Food Guide Pyramid.
Serving size 3/4 cup (177ml) canned apple juice
Amount Per Serving & % Daily Value*
Fat Cal 1
Total Fat .2g 0%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 5mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 21g 7%
Dietary Fiber <0.5g 0%
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 128%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
USDA, Food & Nutrition Service
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.