TAILGATERS TENDERLOIN SANDWICHES
Makes 24 appetizers
• 2 pork tenderloins (about 1 pound each)
• 1/4 cup favorite (prepared) barbecue sauce
• 1/4 cup ranch salad dressing
• 2 teaspoons ground cumin
• 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 24 (2-inch diameter) small sandwich or cocktail buns
• 1/2 cup favorite (prepared) barbecue sauce
• 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
In small bowl, combine 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, 1/4 cup ranch salad dressing, cumin, pepper and garlic powder; brush onto pork tenderloins.
Grill* over medium-hot coals for 30 minutes, turning after 15 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F. (To keep pork from sticking to the grill, spray coated pork lightly with cooking spray before placing on grill.)
Transfer pork to cutting board and let stand 5 minutes before cutting into thin slices.
Meanwhile, stir together all sauce ingredients.
Serve pork (hot or cold) on small sandwich buns; top with sauce.
* Roasting Instructions: Place pork tenderloins in greased baking pan. Roast, uncovered, at 450 degrees F. for 30 minutes or until internal temperture reaches 160 degrees F.
Tailgate Tip: If you do not plan to grill at your tailgate party, grill or roast the pork ahead of time, refrigerate and serve cold.
Grill this Southwestern pork tenderloin to serve on mini sandwich buns or French bread. The full-flavored sauce gives an extra burst of flavor. Great as part of a tailgating spread or to make for your favorite Sunday easy-chair quarterback.
Calories 143 calories; Protein 10 grams; Fat 6 grams; Sodium 224 milligrams; Cholesterol 24 milligrams; Saturated Fat 1 grams; Carbohydrates 12 grams; Fiber 1 grams
Recipe courtesy of National Pork Board. For more information about The Other White Meat, visit TheOtherWhiteMeat.com