FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | Recipes | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools_&_Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food_Poems | Free_Magazines | Food_Festivals_&_Events
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
& COOKING CLASSES
From Amateur & Basic Cooking Classes to Professional Chef Training & Degrees
Fix-It and Forget-It Diabetic Cookbook:
Slow-Cooker Favorites to Include Everyone! by Phyllis Good
Carolyn Baer, Conrath, WI; Ann Driscoll, Albuquerque, NM
Makes 6-8 servings
(Ideal slow cooker size: 4-quart)
• 1½-2 lbs. beef round steak, trimmed of fat, cut in 3" x 1" strips
• 2 Tbsp. canola oil
• 1/4 cup soy sauce
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 1 cup chopped onions
• 1 tsp. sugar
• 1/4 tsp. pepper
• 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
• 2 large green peppers, cut in strips
• 4 medium tomatoes cut in eighths
OR 16-oz. can diced tomatoes
• 1/2 cup cold water
• 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
1. Brown beef in oil in saucepan. Transfer to slow cooker.
2. Combine soy sauce, garlic, onions, sugar, pepper, and ginger. Pour over meat.
3. Cover. Cook on Low 5-6 hours.
4. Add green peppers and tomatoes. Cook 1 hour longer.
5. Combine water and cornstarch to make paste. Stir into slow cooker. Cook on High until thickened, about 10 minutes.
6. Serve over rice or noodles.
Exchange List Values: Vegetable 2.0, Meat, lean 2.0
Basic Nutritional Values: Calories 174 (Calories from Fat 68), Total Fat 8 gm (Saturated Fat 1.5 gm, Polyunsat Fat 1.3 gm, Monounsat Fat 3.7 gm, Cholesterol 48 mg), Sodium 546 mg, Total Carbohydrate 10 gm, Dietary Fiber 2 gm, Sugars 6 gm, Protein 17 gm
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.