FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
Recipe Section - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food Trivia | Today in Food History | Food Timeline | RECIPES | Cooking_Tips | Food_Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s Who | Culinary Schools & Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food Poems | Free Magazines | Food Festivals & Events
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 1/2 cup unsalted roasted pistachios (or walnuts), shelled and chopped
• 8 dried figs, chopped
• 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger (or 1 teaspoon ground ginger)
• 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
• 1/3 cup molasses
• 2 tablespoons canola oil
• 2 eggs
• Nonfat cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 350º F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and nutmeg and mix well.
3. Make a well in the center of the mixture and add the pistachios and figs. Mix well.
4. In a medium-sized bowl, combine ginger, buttermilk, molasses, oil and eggs, mix well then pour into flour mixture. Stir until batter is moist.
5. Coat an 8" x 4" loaf pan with nonfat cooking spray. Pour in batter then bake at 350º for 1 hour or until toothpick or knife inserted in center comes out clean.
6. Let pan cool for 15-20 minutes on a wire rack. Loosen bread from pan and cool completely on wire rack before slicing.
Serving Size: 1/12 of recipe (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
Amount per serving
Calories from fat 55
Total Fat 6 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 36 mg
Sodium 191 mg
Total Carbohydrates 41 g
Dietary Fiber 3 g
Sugars 14 g
Protein 6 g
Vitamin A 2%
Vitamin C 0%
King County Washington Public Health
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.