FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | RECIPES | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools & Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food_Poems | Free_Magazines | Food_Festivals & Shows
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Recipe Videos, BBQ & Grilling, Food Safety, Food Science, Food Festivals, Beverages, Vintage Commercials, etc.
Big Book of Chocolate
by Jennifer Donovan
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 10 minutes
Makes 2 cups
• 1 1/4 cups plus 1 tbsp. milk
• 3 1/2 oz. bittersweet chocolate, broken into pieces
• 1 tsp. vanilla extract
• 2 egg yolks
• 3 tbsp.sugar
• 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1. In a medium-sized saucepan, heat the milk and chocolate together over low heat until the chocolate has just melted. Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir the mixture until smooth, then add the vanilla extract.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks, sugar, and flour, using a hand whisk, then whisk in the warm chocolate milk. Return the mixture to the saucepan and cook over low heat until it thickens, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Continue cooking 1 minute.
3. Pour the pastry cream into a clean bowl and cover with a circle of baking paper to prevent a skin forming while it cools.
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.