FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Food Articles | Food Trivia | Today in Food History | Food Timeline | Recipes
Cooking Tips | Food Videos | Food Quotes | Who’s Who | Trivia Quizzes | Food Poems
Free Magazines | Recipe Contests | Culinary Schools | Gourmet Tours | Food Festivals
FREE Magazines and
n extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
FOOD VIDEO SECTION
Recipe Videos, BBQ & Grilling, Food Safety, Food Science, Food Festivals, Beverages, Vintage Commercials, etc.
• 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• ½ cup finely chopped onion
• ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
• 1 can (14.5 oz) Muir Glen® Organic Halley Thirty-One Fifty-Five petite diced tomatoes or Fire Roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
• 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
• ¼ teaspoon coarse salt (kosher or sea salt)
• 8 oz uncooked angel hair (capellini) pasta
• ¼ cup chopped fresh basil leaves
• ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1. In 10-inch skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium heat. Add onion and red pepper flakes; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until onion is tender. Add tomatoes, garlic and salt. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Meanwhile, cook pasta as directed on package. Drain; place in serving bowl. Pour tomato mixture over pasta; toss gently to coat. Add basil, cheese and remaining 1 tablespoon oil; toss.
1 Serving: Calories 290 (Calories from Fat 100); Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 370mg; Total Carbohydrate 37g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 3g); Protein 11g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 15%; Iron 15%
Exchanges: 2 Starch, 1½ Vegetable, 2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 2½
2006 © and ®/ of Small Planet Foods, Inc.
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.