PEAR AND BLUE CHEESE TART
Betty Crocker Ultimate Bisquick Cookbook
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Start To Finish: 1 Hour 10 Minutes
• 1 1/2 cups Original Bisquick mix
• 1/3 cup very hot water
• 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
• 2 shallots, finely chopped (about 1/3 cup)
• 2 medium pears, peeled, cut into 1/4-inch slices (about 2 cups)
• 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
• 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese (2oz)
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Heat oven to 425F. Spray 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom with cooking spray.
2. In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix and hot water until soft dough forms. Press dough in bottom and up side of tart pan, using fingers coated with Bisquick mix. Bake 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in 8-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add shallots; cook 2 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender; remove from heat.
4. Arrange pear slices on crust. Spread butter mixture over pears. Bake 20 minutes.
5. Sprinkle walnuts over pears. Bake about 10 minutes longer or until tart is golden brown.
6. Remove from oven; sprinkle with cheese. Cool 10 minutes on cooling rack. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve warm or at room temperature.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.
1 SERVING: Calories 130 (Calories from Fat 60); Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 3g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 260mg; Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 1g; Sugars 3g); Protein 3g
% DAILY VALUE: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 4%
EXCHANGES: 1 Starch, 1 Fat
CARBOHYDRATE CHOICES: 1
Apple and Blue Cheese Tart: Substitute 2 medium cooking apples for the pears.
Quick Tip: Other blue-veined cheese, such as Gorgonzola or Stilton, can also complement the fruit on this tart.