FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food History | Food_Timeline | RECIPES | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools_&_Tours | Trivia_Quizzes | Food_Poems | Free_Magazines | Food Festival_&_Events
FREE Magazines and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
CULINARY SCHOOLS and
More than 1,000 schools & classes listed for all 50 States, Online and Worldwide
4 servings - Makes 4 (2 cup) servings.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 1 Hour
• 4 Anaheim chile peppers*
*May substitute 1 (4-oz.) can diced green chiles
• 2 teaspoons olive oil
• 1/2 cup sliced green onions
• 1 teaspoon bottled garlic
• 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
• 3/4 teaspoon cumin seed
• 4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
• 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
• 2 cups cubed red potatoes
• 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken (leftover or from a rotisserie chicken)
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon pepper
• Optional Toppings: Baked corn tortilla strips, diced avocado, shredded Monterey Jack cheese, chopped cilantro
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Place peppers on a foil-lined baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes or until blackened, turning occasionally. Wrap peppers up in foil to steam. Let stand 15 minutes. Remove skin and seeds from peppers and chop.
3. Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onions, garlic, ground cumin and cumin seed. Saute 5 minutes. Add chicken broth, reserved peppers, corn, potatoes and chicken. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes. Serve with baked corn tortillas strips, cheese, avocado, and cilantro, if desired.
This soup is best served a day after it’s made, as the flavors meld and become more pronounced. Serve with a green salad with jicama and oranges.
Nutrition per serving:
Calories: 240; Carbohydrates: 26 g; Fat: 6 g; Fiber: 3 g; Cholesterol: 49 mg; Protein: 23 g; Sodium: 781 mg; Potassium: 737 mg; Vitamin C: 32 mg
United States Potato Board - www.healthypotato.com
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.