FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food History | Food_Timeline | RECIPES | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools_&_Tours | Trivia_Quizzes | Food_Poems | Free_Magazines | Food Festival_&_Events
FREE Magazines and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
CULINARY SCHOOLS and
More than 1,000 schools & classes listed for all 50 States, Online and Worldwide
"Accessorizing" your chili is half the fun. Serve it with several bowls of toppings, including shredded cheese, crushed tortilla chips, chopped green onions, diced tomatoes, chopped fresh cilantro, sliced avocado or sour cream.
Prep: 10 min - Cook: 35 min
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• 2 medium onions, chopped (1 cup)
• 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 3 cups chicken broth
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
• 2 tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
• 1/4 teaspoon red pepper sauce
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 can (11 oz) white shoepeg corn or whole kernel corn, drained
• 1 can (15 to 16 oz) great northern beans, drained
• 1 can (15 to 16 oz) butter beans, drained
• 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
1. In 4-quart Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onions and garlic in oil 4 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are tender.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients except chicken. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered 20 minutes. Stir in chicken; simmer about 5 minutes or until hot.
1 SERVING (About 1 1/3 Cups): Cal 320 (Cal From Fat 55), Fat 6g (Sat Fat 1g), Chol 40mg, Sodium 940mg, Carbs 46g (Fiber 11g), Pro 31 G
% DAILY VALUE: Vit A 2%, Vit C 4%, Calc 12%, Iron 42%
EXCHANGES: 2 Starch, 3 Vegetable, 2 Lean Meat
CARB. CHOICES: 3
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.