FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | Recipes | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools_&_Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food_Poems | Free_Magazines | Food_Festivals_&_Events
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
& COOKING CLASSES
From Amateur & Basic Cooking Classes to Professional Chef Training & Degrees
Fix-It And Enjoy-It! Healthy Cookbook
Phyllis Pellman Good
Recipe: Audrey L. Kneer, Williamsfield, IL
Makes 8 servings
Prep. Time: 20 minutes
Cooking/Baking Time: 1¾ to 2¼ hours
• 2 lbs. sliced, well trimmed top round beef
• 1/2 tsp. red pepper
• 1 Tbsp. olive oil
• 1/2 cup peeled and diced turnip
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 1 green bell sweet pepper, chopped
• 1 medium carrot, chopped
• 1 rib celery, cut fine
• 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
• 1 cup apple juice
• 1 cup fresh, or frozen (thawed), cranberries
• 1 Tbsp. cooking sherry
• 1 sprig parsley
• 1 bay leaf
1. Rub beef with red pepper. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350°.
3. Heat oil in heavy skillet until hot. Stir in next 6 ingredients.
4. Saute over medium heat until softened, about 10 minutes.
5. Put half of vegetable mixture in baking dish.
6. Lay beef over vegetables.
7. Spread remaining vegetable mixture over meat.
8. Add apple juice, cranberries, sherry, parsley, and bay leaf to baking dish.
9. Cover and bake 45 minutes.
10. Turn meat over. Cover and continue baking another 45-75 minutes, or until beef is tender but not dried out.
Tip: Bake some potatoes in the oven at the same time as the meat dish.
Calories 196, Protein 27g, Carbohydrates 10g, Total Fat 5g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Monounsaturated Fat 2.5g, Polyunsaturated Fat 1.5g, Cholesterol 58 mg, Sodium 97 mg, Fiber 2g
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.